Applications Close 17 March, 2023
|Contract Term||Fulltime Position|
|Reports To||Manager: Fund Development & Stakeholder Engagement|
|Remuneration||The salary for this position is market-related and will be determined based on benchmarks for similar positions in South African non-profit organizations.|
|Primary Location||Cape Town|
Main Purpose of Role
The main purpose of the Fund Development & Operations Assistant is to provide administrative, logistical, creative, and communication support to the organisation and will be working closely with the Fund Development team. The role involves assisting in the planning and execution of fundraising events, managing social media accounts, creating, and posting social media content, coordinating office administration tasks, and ensuring effective stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising events, including researching potential sponsors, liaising with couriers, and managing transportation.
- Manage social media accounts and create and post social media content to promote events, initiatives, and the organization’s work.
- Assist with stakeholder engagement and communication, including managing email and telephone communication, compiling comparative documents and quotes, coordinating internal arrangements, responding to stakeholder inquiries, and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements, including booking flights, hotels, and ground transportation efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Assist in managing the organization’s database of supporters and donors.
- Procure and set up laptops and phones for staff and ensure that IT equipment is maintained.
- Perform general office administration tasks such as answering phone calls and emails, filing, purchasing office supplies and IT accessories, and ensuring office health and safety requirements are met.
- Storeroom management and maintenance.
- Any other duties assigned by the Fund Development Manager in line with the role.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Matric Certificate or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- At least 2 years’ work experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an eye for detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media management tools.
- Passion for the MAD Leadership Foundation mission and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of young people.
- Qualification in Marketing, Events, or Secretarial certificate.
- Administrative assistant training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of graphic design software and ability to create marketing collateral is a plus.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and communication.
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in English – Written and verbal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Able to solve problems logically.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing needs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
It is important to note that we will only consider applications submitted via our online form which can be found here: Application Form
|Questions||Enquiries about this opening should be sent to email@example.com|
|Closing Date||17 March 2023|
No late applications will be considered
Please Note: We reserve the right to not fill this position.