Want to Make a Difference by supporting South African youth? We are looking for you!
Make A Difference Leadership Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated, professionally qualified person to join our dynamic and supportive multidisciplinary team providing care for our scholars. We identify academically talented scholars with leadership potential, who do not have the necessary financial resources, and offer them support in the areas of education, leadership and life-skills development. It is a long-term, personal, financial and comprehensive commitment to each scholar to develop their potential through education, mentorship and exceptional leadership advancement opportunities.
MAD Leadership Foundation aims to develop carefully selected scholars as leaders in their chosen fields: they define the leadership parameters applicable to their lives, but all scholars are expected to step forward whenever there is a need to drive positive change. We are seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, motivated and professionally qualified person to join our dynamic and supportive multidisciplinary team as a Scholar Coordinator providing care for our scholars. The successful candidate will be responsible for caring for a caseload of scholars on our programme.
Qualifications – Tertiary Qualification in Education, Social Work or related field.
Location – Head Office, Newlands, Cape Town
Hours – Full-time
Remuneration – Market-related salary
What your role will entail:
- Management of all administrative matters pertaining to the scholars i.e.
- All financial and administrative tasks connected to coordinating and taking care of a group of scholars;
- Ensuring all educational and academic necessities are provided to the scholar in a timeous manner;
- Accurately capturing of any and all data pertaining to the scholars;
- Manages each student electronic student file (current and past students) by ensuring correct documentation is available and recorded
- Maintains and updates all relevant student records on MAD Leadership Foundation Learner Management System
- Organising, booking and planning any practical or travel logistics for the scholars;
- Assisting the team in planning, organising and attending functions or events for our scholars;
- Accurately tracking scholars’ academic, social and personal development;
- Be able to operate within the budget and according to the established financial parameters and processes in place;
- Quarterly writing of professional reports to provide feedback on scholar’s performance;
- Coordination and implementation of support services where necessary i.e.
- Liaising with the scholars, schools, parents or any third party involved;
- Regular school visits;
- Providing access to resources on an academic, social or emotional level;
- Offering emotional support and guidance to scholars on a daily basis;
- Identifying any problems and arranging the necessary interventions either through the multi-disciplinary team or external service providers such as for academic tutoring;
- Growing meaningful relationships with all stakeholders;
- To assist with any other task that might be part of your professional training (i.e. psychometric assessments, counselling etc.).
What qualities you need to encompass
- initiative to perceive;
- patience to build positive relationships with the scholars;
- a good work ethic;
- the ability to deliver high-quality care and support to our scholars;
- the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and to multi-task; and
- be able to travel on a regular basis.
- Tertiary Qualification in Education, Social Work or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role, with experience working with High School students would be advantageous.
- Previous experience in case management in similar educational environment;
- A true multi-tasker able to work to set deadlines and priorities;
- Ability to work with variety of stakeholders and influence positive outcomes;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to efficiently balance both administrative and support services.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrates a focus on goals and deliverables;
- High level of professionalism and adaptability
- Ability to respond effectively to the needs of a diverse student pool.
- Ability to collect and analyse data.
Applications close on 31 January 2022.
We reserve the right to not fill this post and may extend the application date if required.
All inquiries can be sent to email@example.com