Since its inception in 2003, MAD Leadership Foundation has supported high school learners and tertiary students comprehensively throughout their academic career and personal development journey, ensuring they have the necessary tools and opportunities to reach their full potential as future leaders of South Africa.
MAD Leadership was founded by our Chairman, Francois Pienaar, who had an inspiring vision to provide educational access to deserving young South Africans with leadership potential, but who face economic and other barriers, through an individualised and personal approach. We seek to engage young people through an investment in education, as we believe that education empowers people to improve their socio-economic conditions, and therefore not only their own lives but also that of their families, their communities and future generations to come.
See below for general scholarship criteria, however, from time to time we do offer other opportunities where the criteria may be different – this will be communicated through scholarship update emails and on social media.
- Learners in Grade 7 to Grade 12
- Academic performance 65% aggregate
- Gross combined income per household per month should not exceed R25 000
- Must be a South African citizen
- Speaks and understands basic English
- Embraces a strong value system and a sense of responsibility
- Participates in extra-curricular activities (school-related activities)
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
- Actively involved in community service
How to Apply
Follow the link here: https://madleadership.jotform.com/team/scholarship-applications/2024ScholarshipApplication
Application Process and Timeline
If you applied and haven’t received any feedback from us by 24 July 2023, please assume your application was unfortunately not successful.
The scholarship application is completed via an online platform and you should be able to complete it on any technology device where you can access the internet. For scholarship applications inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org