The importance and value of a MAD Leadership Foundation mentor to the success of the programme are without question: they are there to act as a safety net, to identify possible problem areas and to help with personal skills development. Mentors help empower our scholars with life-skills development, expose them to the business world,
create networking and internship opportunities, and guide them in the direction of becoming agents for positive change in our society.
Commitments of A Mentor
- Workshops and written guidelines are provided, in order to ensure that the mentor is equipped to mentor effectively and knows what is expected of them.
- Regular communication with their mentee is recommended.
- At least one monthly meeting with the mentee is compulsory.
“By choosing to support tomorrow’s leaders today, you really can change the course of someone’s life.”Lwazi, MAD Leadership Foundation Fellow
Apply to be a Mentor
- Mentors go through a thorough screening process and references are checked, before MAD Leadership Foundation matches a scholar with a new mentor.
- Sign up to become a mentor here.
- For more information on the mentorship programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org.